$ecr8ts, tricks, strategy, advice tips(making more $ by working smart not hard)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Perfect touch landscapes, Dec 3, 2009.

1. greenScape09

greenScape09 LawnSite Member

thats what i was thinking...

2. XLS

XLS LawnSite Silver Member

heck neither are we lol also perfect what equipment are you completing this property with ???

3. XLS

green scape i think he is a new guy who thinks no one is better then him lol

perfect how many dumps a day do you/your crew collect of grass a day with that walker ? we average around 50 a day

4. TMlawncare

TMlawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

To be quite honest, those that are charging 30/per man hour are not the ones I worry about. Its those that don't even know what they charge per man hour is who I always worry about. When its all said and done some underbid so badly the whole crew doesn't make even avg $20/hr. Those are the one that screw up the bids and skew you clients perceptions. Thats who I worry about.

5. Perfect touch landscapes

Perfect touch landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Green scape you said it.
    I dont give a flying squirel how much i am charging an hour. I got some customers they say Alex i need first class, some say Alex I will pay you whatever you want as long as you dont do work for anybody on this street, others say you are to expensive. this spring i gave 400 commercial bids i got 12-15 accounts. ( figure it out) Out of 400 50 called me back and asked me if i can rebid it again since they got burned with joe the blow. Accounts were in such mess i new i had to turn them down , because they would not go with tripple the payment first couple month to get it back where it needs to be.
    I have learned one thing in any line of work there is 10% of customers that will drench your blood energy and excitment that you will not want to do the work for the other 90%
    So I target the 90% and give a steel toe boot to the 10% Statistic 10% of people make 90% of the money , so how can I try to listen and compete with 100% of Lco's if in my opinion I want to compete with the 10%. I am fed up with rat race, i am tired with competion that thinks there is only 10 kinds of grasses. Just because you got ztr, trailer, and some magnet sticker on your truck and you bid same jobs I bid I can't be compettitive with you if you are not my competition.

6. greenScape09

greenScape09 LawnSite Member

i agree, i was just trying to make an example, every area has different client's(high,meduim,low, income) , which factors in to your bids! so yes i agree with you, we have the same overall aspect

7. XLS

13 acres 4.2 hours x2 men = 8.4 hours or 1.5 acres an hour with 1 walker?????

8. XLS

????? perfect??? Guys i personally like the guys who say they make 30 hr and that is really all they make ,

9. Perfect touch landscapes

Perfect touch landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

(this all goes to the size properties we are comparing friend , i never thought they was your best i am not the bashing type . if i had to guess with our ferris72" 35-40 acre location . and a 48" walker 12 locations,3/4 -1 acre 48" on smaller lawns i could go do 25-35 a day it isnt a compotition)

well if you can mow that much you definately would do more then I if you go solo, I just wonder if you do any traveling at such numbers or what quality of work we talking about.

10. XLS

see perfect ask for help on his post but hasnt given any information to allow anyone to acctually help i could show him how a 30 hour turned to 100 in a heartbeat if he would talk lol

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009