$ecr8ts, tricks, strategy, advice tips(making more $ by working smart not hard)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Perfect touch landscapes, Dec 3, 2009.

1. XLS

XLS LawnSite Silver Member

the ferris location is a nursing home and it only get about 12 mins of walker time near the door and a inside garden and the 12 locations is all in a 20 mile town and the 25-30 is 5 -7 k lawns all in a real close area you just ask lol give me your guide line

all of these are spotless lol my crews do thing different then you though , that is all

2. Perfect touch landscapes

Perfect touch landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

YOU asking me what size acre is? after we mow over 230 acres a week? lol
    about 4200( enought) with your ferris 72 you should do an acre in about 20 minutes

3. XLS

oh perfect you never answered the pic with the bushes trimed on one side and not on the other. see it ? are they regular customer???

4. XLS

4200???????what is this sq footage

5. Perfect touch landscapes

(green scape i think he is a new guy who thinks no one is better then him lol

perfect how many dumps a day do you/your crew collect of grass a day with that walker ? we average around 50 a day )

50 a day????? and you charge only 35.00$ an hour per men per hour??? o my you realy do well. I dump 3-5 yards a day. And I dont use walker to mow big properties dummy walker is ghs if you dont know what that is ( Grass Handling System) not sh++ picker upper. I can do that 13 acre property with 60 inch ferris bring everything in to center use 6 blades on ferris, high and gattor, make midlle 3 passes by the time all leafs get to the center going thrught 6 blades there is not much left yet everything is spotless then , I mulch leafs in the center with ferris going in reverse with discharge closed about 6 times and then suck up dust with walker which equals to 30-50 bushels.( happy) use it I just saved you some more years of trial and error. When I haul Trailer to recycling. My leafs are mulchedin to compost smaller then recycling center offers.( sharpen your blades daily and you will save 1 -2 hours a day of working with doll blades, onother secret, when sharpenning your gators sharpen your sides too and after wards spray d 40 underneight deck.Then I use rope on discharge and any time i need to control the discharge in split secont i have control.Pitch your deck inthe back 1/2 inch for leaf clean up

6. XLS

is so your 13 acres 43560 x13= 566,280 now your 4200 which i assume you mean 42000x13= 546,000 your off a haulf acre per 13 acres os in your route of 230 acres you lost 10 acres of free cutting ,biggest tip i can now give you is know an acre

7. Perfect touch landscapes

----------------To be quite honest, those that are charging 30/per man hour are not the ones I worry about. Its those that don't even know what they charge per man hour is who I always worry about. When its all said and done some underbid so badly the whole crew doesn't make even avg $20/hr. Those are the one that screw up the bids and skew you clients perceptions. Thats who I worry abou-------------

NOW that is a statement of a entrepenuer that know what it is like to bid on a job that has been maintened by mickey mouse family.

8. XLS

see this is your mistake , you ask why someone big wont help , remember this ????

we have 12 walkers so i know all about them friend you need to lose your hostility toward me if you want help . a told you to ask how my 30 become 100 remenber dick its we charge $2.00 per dump after 3 dumps for grass with the walkers and with leaves that equates to 200= dumps per day each , see now times that by 12 friend , now if you want help ask if not dont be a dic$ , dic&

9. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

PTL, Trimming bushes too often can and will cause problems down the road. You will eventually be left with a green shell and the plant will loose its vigor. Also it will create problems with air circulation which can lead to disease. Do you also do selective pruning? If not, I would advise it.

10. XLS

let you do math for a while 2 men can mow a location in 4 day but prefer 5 and another 2 guys trim bushes and do bed work it grosses $11,250.00 plus bed work .
    this is us friend now how many lawns a day do you think we average with 20 locations