ECS add on kit

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Cutright2002, Apr 2, 2002.

1. Cutright2002

Cutright2002 LawnSite Member

Just wondering when the Ecs add on control kit was going to be ready for older exmark walk-behinds? (97 and 98 turf-Tracers)
    (Love your equipment will never use anything else keep up the good work.)

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Cutright,

Thanks for the question. Unfortunately we will not be offering an ECS handle kit for the full size Turf Tracer. On this model, not only did the handle bar and linkages change but there were changes to the tank support and engine deck as well. To accommodate these changes the kit and the labor to install it would have been complicated and expensive.

If you've got a Turf Tracer HP an update kit is available through your local Exmark dealer.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

Terry

3. ScotLawn

ScotLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Terry,

Is the ECS controlls avail for the Metro. I have a 2000 or 01 48" metro and am wondering if the controlls are avail for it.

By the way, I just bought this mower used and this is my first Exmark. To put it bluntly, I wonder why I ever bought any other brand of mower.

Thanks,

Scot

4. Cutright2002

Cutright2002 LawnSite Member

I should have told you that I do have several turf tracer hp's and I have checked with my local dealer in louisville Kentucky and they do not know when they will be getting it in. Thats why I had the question of when will they be getting it. Thanks Again

5. eXmark

Hey guys,

The ECS control kit p/n for the Metro is 103-2444 and has a list price of $299. ECS control kit p/n for the Turf Tracer HP is 103-2105 and has a list price of $279. Both kits are available however I'm not sure how long it would take to get them to your dealer once they've been ordered. If your regional distributor has them in stock then they may be only a few days away if shipped regular UPS. If they've got to come from our plant through a regular stock order it could take a couple of weeks real easy. If you want them tomorrow we could probably do that too, however I'm not sure you'd like the freight charge.

When in doubt verify that the kit has been ordered. Many dealers won't order a $300 handle kit unless you’re certain you want it.

The other alternative is you could order a new machine complete with ECS controls. After all I’ve been eyeing a new double wide.

You can also give me a call at 800-667-5296 and let me know who your dealer is. That way if the kits been ordered I can track down where it's at and make sure it's on the way.

Thanks

Terry

6. ScotLawn

ScotLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Terry. My dealer does have a turf tracer with ecs so I may check it out to see how the controls work. I wanted to make sure the ecs kit would fit a metro and not just designed for the metro HP.

thanks again

Scot

7. corycc

corycc LawnSite Member

I have a 2001 36 Metro and am interested in the ECS kit. You quoted $299.00, right? Not bad, but will I be able to install it myself or will my dealer have to install it for $$$ and more $$$? I LOVE ECS!!!:blob4:

8. eXmark

Corycc,

Installing the ECS controls on the Metro may or may not be something you want to tackle yourself. My first thought it to tell you to have it done. For what it will cost you in labor vs. the potential headache may justify having it done. Is it something you can do? Probably but before you decide, look at the machine and decide if you want to remove the rear drive wheels and drill new location holes for the brake linkage in the brake arm. That is probably the most technical part of the conversion but after you’re done you still need to adjust the new linkages.

Basically it's something you can probably do but you may not really want to.

If you decide to take this one on yourself be sure and have a cordless telephone with you and give us a call if you have any questions.

Thanks

Terry