ECS Controls for Used TT

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Cut 2 Please, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Cut 2 Please

Cut 2 Please LawnSite Member

I just bought a used TT 60" with pistol grips thinking I could by a conversion kit to swap it over to ECS controls. My dealer informed me that no such kit exsists for the TT. What can I do. I would really like to have ECS controls.
    Also when I got the mower it had the same size tires on it that my TTHP has. I thought that the TT had bigger tires? Can I swap to larger tires on this unit?
    Thanks,
    Charles

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Cut2,

Without the serial number for verification I'm assuming that your TT was probably produced before we increased the tire diamater. Usually you can put a tire an inch wider or so on most machines with our interference with the hydro lines however it's a good idea to measure before doing so. Adding the taller/wider tire that we currently use could effect your cutting height adjustment as well as the deck rake/pitch. My recommendation would be to stay with the same diameter but go wider if you feel it is necessary.

Thanks

Terry

3. Cut 2 Please

Cut 2 Please LawnSite Member

Is there a kit to swap this mower over to ECS controls? If not can I swap it over by purchasing all the parts individually?

4. eXmark

Cut 2,

Sorry no such luck. The entire rear engine deck would need to be changed which coule potentially create some issue mounting up to the front frame.

Thanks

Terry

5. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

there is some kit on e-bay if u search for exmark u will find it

6. eXmark

Steve,

The photo is of a Turf Tracer HP handle sub-assembly. It doesn't appear to be a complete conversion kit either (based on photo). The item on Ebay is listed to fit the Turf Tracer, Turf Tracer HP and Viking Hydro. All three of the machines use different componants. The handle show WILL NOT convert your TT over to ECS controls.

Thanks

Terry