1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ECS controls setup

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by khutch, Sep 26, 2004.

1. khutch

khutch LawnSite Senior Member

I need some help getting back to "factory" setup on my Metro ECS controls......I feel like a NASCAR crew chief, make small adjustments and don't screw things up next time. My problem: #1) Right side pulls more than left (have to brake left to go straight) and #2) both wheels seem not to be pulling 100%. I suppose that part of the problem could be drive belt adjustment? #3) I have to really squeeze with all my might to get left wheel to lock....
    Yea, I messed things up, figured I'd turn to Terry to unlock the secrets of the ECS adjustments.
    There are just two adjustments (wing nut & threaded rod) right?
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Your best bet is to look at sections 3.11 through 3.14 in your ops manual. It's explained about as well as it can be done in type in the manual. Give it a look and then call me at 1-800-667-5296 if you've got any questions.

3. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

When I was going through this it was all about the circumference of the drive tires. First check your tire pressure. The mower will pull to the side of smallest tire. If you are lucky your r/h tire has a few les psi than your right. I had to jack the rear of the mower and set the tire pressure, then measure the circumference around the .........Lets make a long story short. Add air to the r/h tire till it tracks straight.