ECS=I figured it out

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LA LAWNS, May 23, 2003.

1. LA LAWNS

LA LAWNS LawnSite Member

I found out the hard way what ECS means on the exmark wb. Enhanced Crash Syndrome.
    I was mowing along near 4th or 5th speed, deck set low on the second pin hole, when the deck found a root. Not a large, monster root you might expect to stop a wb, but a root protruding about 1 inch out of the ground. The deck must have caught it just right and stopped the mower dead in its tracks. The ECS is much improved over the older pistol grips. When my pelvic bone thing above my you know what hit the handle bar, i saw stars. Pain, but not as much as the old pistol grip had caused in a similar situation a few years ago. Thanks exmark for the rounded bar and not the pointed one!:dizzy: :dizzy:

2. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

I got one in the gut last week. It was a long time since that happen.

3. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I HATE it when that happens! :blush:

4. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like: Extreme Crashing Speed to me. :D

5. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

i use a bullrider sulky on my tthp ecs and everytime i hit a big bump my little guy slams into the handle.i see more than just stars...lol.im tall so i can't really change anything to make it better.but my hands don't hurt much after a day of using those controls.thank you exmark

6. Auroris

Auroris LawnSite Member

:eek: LA Lawns!! :eek: You'll remember where that root is!

Reading this brings back memories of shoveling snow as a teenager. I was in a hurry and had the shovel strait out in front of me as I somewhat ran down a long sidewalk to clear it.

Well, I hit an unlevel section in the sidewalk and drove that handle right into my you-know-where.

Stars? No, by gosh - there was a flash and then everything went black for a few moments. Next thing I remember was looking up into the fresh, falling snow as it came out of the sky.

7. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

LOL LA LAWNS !!

I believe I was around for the first one he spoke of.....I think I remember someone flipping over the bars onto the deck. lol Ahhh......to be young again. Had my share of short stops too, wonder if that's why I have no kids.

I also remember using La Lawns' dad's Xmark 36in. one time, and was riding in a tiny little path between some woods and a ditch near the entrance of a posh neighborhood. After much distraction of hollering for me to be careful, waving his hands and making me look up, over and over until I finaly threw my hands up in the air like "WHAT ALREADY???" and the X slid right into the ditch. Sunk it. Bubbles coming out of the water. LOL Those were the days....Ahhhhhh.......to be young again. :rolleyes: