1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ECS on Toro??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PMLAWN, Jun 2, 2004.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Does anybody know if the ECS conversion kit that Exmark has will fit on a Toro wb (Proline, Hydro Drive, fixed deck, 36", 15Kaw, 04 model). I've heard that the deck on the Toro is the same as the Viking and they appear to be a close match. I found a great deal on a Toro but I would rather use the ECS.
    Also are there any other reasons to pick one over the other that I don't know about, Viking 36"-Proline Hydro fixed 36". Thanks for your help.
  2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

why do you wanna convert to ECS? everyone says they love the T-bar!

GEO :confused:

The mower I'm looking at has pistol grips, One time deal on the 36". To move up to a T-bar is about $1800 more at which point I would jump back to the Viking at about $900 more. Thanks for the reply.
  4. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

how much is the ECS kit?
  5. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

you are welcome. sorry I couldn't answer your question but thank you for answering mine.

GEO :)
  6. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

The ECS kit should fit...the fiXed deck walks are identical w/pistols...Probably around the same to buy the Viking after the swap...

Potchkins- I do not know how much the kit is. Found out about the deal late last night and have not had the time to call and price it.
    Fareway, Yes you could be very right that after I find out about the price that is would be just as easy to get the Viking. Was shopping my new Toro 500 Z and the dealer had the 36" and the price was right therefore all these questions.
    Thanks all for the replys. Decisions-decisions-decisions.
  8. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Not possitive but isnt the ecs kit like 600 bucks?
  9. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

I thought mine was under $200. I bought an exmark metro with a 15 kohler, mulch kit, and the ecs conversion brand new for like $2500.