ECS on TTHP?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dura to the max, Jun 9, 2008.

1. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

i have a TTHP w/ pistol grip handles. i'm wondering if the ECS conversion would be benificial for me. i have run them but not long enough to really know. its a $400 kit, and im wondering if its worth it. i know what exmark says it does, but i want some info from the guys that have it. i cant buy a new one, but like the looks of the ECS and want to know whether it's justifiable.

thanks in advance,

joseph

2. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

I have ECS on my tthp and my viking.

I have pistol grips on my metro.

The ECS is a much more comfortable system for me. Much better touch, reaction to me. To tell you the truth, I now kinda look down on all mowers with pistol grips...or don't have something like the toro, or the wright.

3. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

ECS compared to pistol grips is night and day difference. I wouldn't consider purchasing a new mower with out them or least something similar to it.

4. dura to the max

from georgia

so is it worth about $400 to upgrade? will i have that much less fatigue? is it that much easier to get guys to learn on?

5. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know about easier to learn on, but I do know that your chances of getting carpal tunnel syndrome are less with Ecs than with out. Yeah, I would spend the $400, but that's just me.

6. dura to the max

from georgia

thanks. very much appreciated.

7. MileHigh

Worth $400?...Who knows, Only you will. I have much less hand/wrist strain using ecs over pistol grips.

All they did was turn the handles 180 degrees up and in. The idea is the same:

squeeze right turn right, left, left. reverse is when you squeeze both at the same time. You go forward by letting go of the levers, and a little squeeze on both handle is your breaks.

I can take detailed pics if you want.

8. dura to the max

from georgia

i know the difference between the controls...just want feedback from those who have used both

9. MileHigh

I actually think It's more difficult to LEARN how to use than you normal set of pistol grips, cause of the locks. But after you get it you got it just like anything else.