ECS on what units?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by joed, Aug 29, 2001.

1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

What units of Exmark walkbehinds will have the ECS system on it next year? Will the Metro 32 or 36 have it? How does the ECS system compare to the Toro T-Bar system?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Joed,

There are actually several units that will be available with the ECS controls next spring. It gets a little confusing but here's how it looks.

Metro 36" and 48" - both ECS and Pistol grip. 32" Pistol grip only

Metro HP - 36" and 48" - ECS only

Viking hydro - ECS only

Turf Tracer hp - 36", 48" and 52" - ECS and Pistol grip

Turf Tracer 52" and 60" - ECS only

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Terry

3. RB

RB LawnSite Senior Member

I hope Exmark doesn't replace all pistol grip mowers, expecially the gear drive 36's. I had a Turf Tracer with ECS and was not impressed at all. I personally think it is almost as awkard as using the toro's t-bar.

Exmark, please don't discontinue the pistol grips.

4. leaflawnandlimb

leaflawnandlimb LawnSite Member

Joed

Is the 32 hydro going to be ECS?

5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hey guys,

We are coming out with the 32" Viking Hydro with ECS handles for next yearÂ’s line up. I really like it that you guys voice your thoughts about our product and the changes that we have made. ECS handle may not be for everyone.

The fact is that ECS is a lot different than anything out there. The ECS handles took me a little to get us to myself. Now that I have used ECS for some time it makes the pistol grip feel funny to me. I think everyone will have pro's and con's to both system and so do I.

Being in this business it is hard to make one piece of equipment perfect for everybody that cuts grass. The good thing about this is you can choose what you like best, even if it isn't an Exmark! That it why we here at Exmark like to here both sides of the fence, you make us continually look at ways to improve and change.

Thanks, Fred.

P.S. if the truth must be known I liked the Toro T-bar. But to each his own, now as long as my boss don't see this!

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Joed,
    Checkout the threads on the flex-deck forum, there are some of us that would like to see an exmark 32" and 36" with the flex deck. I thought you might like to see the info on the subject. The reliability and quality of the exmark and the added inches of the flex deck would make a great mower for gated areas.