Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Howie's Lawn Care, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Which control system is easier to use? Also, how easy are walk-behinds to operate? Is there much of a learning curve? Do they all turn without any effort from the operator? Thanks for the help.
  2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Both are good and both have a following. Just like pistol grips have a following. Which ever you learn on will be pretty simple.

Not much effort needed, squeeze or twist. That is about it. Belt drive mowers are lighter on the hands and wrist, hydros have more resistance in them.
  3. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

I'm Not Sure What Ol' Hoss has Been Smoking but T-Bar Hydros have Almost Zero Resistance...You can Run Them w/your Baby Finger....That Doesn't Mean they're Better than ECS...

My Pappy Told me Three Things to Live By...

First-ECS and Pistols are Far Superior to T-Bars on Hydro Units.

Second-T-Bars are Better than ECS or Pistols on Belt Units.

Third- Hydro's are One Thousand Times Better than Belts...

4. Love2Cut

Love2Cut LawnSite Member

Mind control and for tight turns, body english :)
  5. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Fareway is the man! That is the sum of all explanation. BTW, they are same company, don't matter what. For sure, ECS is far superior to T-Bar on hydro unit, but not a bit on belt walk. When you run ECS on twin hydro, there is nothing will stop you.
    If eXmark hydro walks can go as fast as Hustler super Z then, they probably will conquer the world! but that is out of question and will not happen.