EDDM Advertising and Post Card Printing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DLONGLANDSCAPING, Jan 23, 2013.

1. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, very nervous, especially that I haven't heard anything from my letters, not happy about that!

We have plenty of room for piling snow, at least at the comm's as we had a few warm days that melted a lot of snow, piles are pretty big though and are solid ice. Resis are pretty bad if they don't face south or west through.
    Whyd you skip your resis? That's easy revenue. I'm going to push hard on resis next year, with tight routes, the profits are huge with less destruction to trucks than on comm's.

Watching the weather right now, blowing snow with 30-40mph winds tmrw afternoon after the snow ends, yay. And a high of 19 with a lows below zero on Wednesday, the first day of spring. Above freezing by Saturday.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. JContracting

Finally received some renewals for the year, primarily fert/weed control packages and one client signing up for fert/weed control, 2 aerations & fall clean up. I brought 1 route of postcards to the post office today just to test the waters and see if I get any response, the process is very simple!!!! I just have the facing slip for each route in each bundle so if they get separated, it will still go out. They'll get to the properties tomorrow. We've had temps in the 40s the past couple days with sun, mid 50s tmrw and high 50s & rain Sat and then a cool down sun-tues but back to the 40s, maybe we'll get started the week of the 8th like I originally planned, depends on soil temps.
    [​IMG]

3. HHlandscaping

HHlandscaping LawnSite Member

Let us know how you make out. I went a few routes out a couple weeks ago got only 2 calls gave a estimate on a patio for about $4500 but didn't close yet.

Are you trying A lot of different routes or the same ones several times ???

4. JContracting

I'm undecided on what ill do. I chose the route I did because I have some old neighbors that bought a house in this route because my dad had ran into them at the grocery store a couple months ago and my name & company got brought up and the rest is history. They live in my target market so it should work great. And I have a few other routes I'd like to hit, I have about 5 or so that are around 500-800 houses on each that are my target market, it depends on the response I get.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

subbing..........

6. KG26

KG26 LawnSite Member

I did a small test market haven't heard a word. It was only about an $100 total investment. I'm glad I didn't go all in like some guys on here.

7. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

It's still too early. People wait til the last minute.

8. KG26

KG26 LawnSite Member

what are you doing for $500-$600/month?

9. KG26

KG26 LawnSite Member

well for a 20% discount you figure people would at least call to get the estimate to get the price break.

10. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Just finished up bundling the odds of each route. Spend the weekend bundling the first drop in bundles of 100's 4900 going out tomorrow.

eddm odds.jpg