EDDM Advertising and Post Card Printing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DLONGLANDSCAPING, Jan 23, 2013.

1. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

I doubt they even read the thing once they recognized it was for lawn care. There was still snow on the ground. It has been freezing almost everywhere. I feel bad for all the guys who sent them out too early. Lot of wasted money.

2. Gold Leaf Lawnscapes

Gold Leaf Lawnscapes LawnSite Member

I just dropped off my smallest batch today. It was 65 degrees out hopefully tomorrow is like this too! We will see how it works out soon enough.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. KG26

KG26 LawnSite Member

well the good thing is I can afford to re up in the coming weeks if I was too early. I hear you though some people bought 11k now whether or not they sent them all at the same time or not is the real question.

4. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Sent the first batch to the post office today5k should be in the mailboxes Wed/Thur.

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

What size cards did yall send? My first round was the cards i designed in 6.5x9.

This next batch will be the new card geared towards piking upblawn acccnts that Bob @ Plan-itgraphics did. He said the 6x8 cards are the most popular size. Is the 6x8 card ok for EDDM?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. ryde307

ryde307 LawnSite Senior Member

On most printers sites it does not say it is. However on the USPS site it says 6.5x9 is not right but they work either unless I misunderstood. I would call the PO you will be sending and see what they say. It seems most have different rules than what is out there.

7. ryde307

ryde307 LawnSite Senior Member

Correction on got print it says an 8x6.5 is acceptable.

8. DLONGLANDSCAPING

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

im glad thisthread is stillgoing. I have had an enourmous amount of call backs from my flier. Almost triple the calls so far from last year. And its still 30 degrees and cold out. Wehave started landscaping/paver jobs with the guys putting in their first 55 hour week. I thank it all to EDDM!

I plan on sending my mulch cards (all 10k of them) on friday this week. Can wait to go pick up my new truck too. 08 f-250 6.4l diesel supercab.

9. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Glad to hear they worked out good for you!

10. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Im giving the go ahead to print me 5k of the new card geared towards mowing. Cant wait to send them out
    Posted via Mobile Device