1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

EDDM Advertising and Post Card Printing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DLONGLANDSCAPING, Jan 23, 2013.

1. ProMowLawnCare

ProMowLawnCare LawnSite Member

It went from 14 to 14.5 to 16
  2. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

Hey guys,
    I want to make an EDDM flyer run. I am wondering if anyone can create an updated list of necessary steps? do you have to put a piece of paper on EVERY 50ct bundle?
    thanks so much I really appreciate it.

is this still relevant?
    thanks so much for your help.

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes this was posted less than 6 month ago and nothing has changed. I have found that different post offices like to do it differently but for the most part it is all the same. Let me know if you have any questions. I just did another mailer of 5k for fall clean ups and snow removal and already after less than a week have about .25% ROI.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. recycledsole

from MD

Ok sweet, thanks for responding. I went to my post office about a year ago, and it was the same, no one there knew and they had to look it up on the computer.
    Just my main question is do I need a piece of paper for every route or for every 50ct stack on each route?

and also step 6 what do you mean by sorting and founding?

thanks again dlong that was really thoughtful of you to make this thread to help all of us
  5. recycledsole

from MD

Permits for certain areas?
    hey guys. I remember one area I passed out flyers, the local police contacted me and said I need a permit and not to pass out flyers there anymore.
    What about EDDM? could I send them there through usps legally without a permit?
  6. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

Care to post or pm your postcard for clean ups & snow Dlong? What was your target market for them also?

I have done fall & winter services doorhangers the past twp years and the response was gsrbage.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I sent out 1700 post cards this spring EDDM. The printing company I went through was pretty dishonest. They failed to mention that the cost of shipping was not mentioned in the price even though I asked how much it cost for everything. Make sure you know all the costs associated with what you're doing before you have boxes of post cards sitting in front of you and you're told you still owe 500 bucks. The whole process was more difficult and annoying than I expected.

From sending out 1700 to what I considered my ideal client base these are my results:

1. A one time job spraying weeds and dandelions.
    2. A quote for an old guy that thought I was satan quoting him $25/week for mowing.
    3. 2-3 new weekly mowing clients.

From my experience I paid roughly 300 dollars per weekly client. If I had plenty of money and a strong desire to grow that might be worth it, but frankly I have received 20 new clients this year just from having a website and a good web presence. It's pretty tough to justify for me.
  8. recycledsole

from MD

What do you mean by good web presence?
    thanks so much
  9. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Having a web page that ranks high in search engines. Having a google places account with ratings, having craigslist adds, being on yelp, being on superpages.com etc. Just being everywhere a potential client could look online so you're easy to find.
  10. HHlandscaping

HHlandscaping LawnSite Member

How was everyones return On there eddm's this year??? I think I sent out close to 5k out and got 2 Hardscapes worth total about 7k. ...just wanted to hear some other guys thoughts