EDDM Advertising and Post Card Printing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DLONGLANDSCAPING, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Utah Lawn Care

Utah Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Are any of you aware of a good site for targeting very specific demographics? I don't think I want to do EDDM next year, I want to try being very specific with who I send it to. What's a good site?

2. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

I have a few questions. Thanks for anyone who can help out
    For the face sheet:
    https://www.usps.com/business/pdf/eddm-retail-facing-slip.pdf
    do you make page for each route, or each bundle?
    also for 'delivery type' what should I put?

when I signup for an account it asks me for my CRID number, but I thought the purpose of making an account is to obtain the CRID number?
    my flyers just came, so im sure ill have more questions!
    thanks so much

3. recycledsole

from MD

The EDDM site tool has some sorting options about demographics like age, income, size

4. recycledsole

from MD

5. Elements Design/Build LLC

Elements Design/Build LLC LawnSite Member

I just spent over an hour reading this entire thread as I am also interested in investing in EDDM. My overall concern is the ROI. I have no problems with finding the right printer, bundling, selecting the routes, etc. DLong, you mentioned in the beginning of this thread that you have either anticipated or achieved results of 1.5-2% ROI. What is your return after committing this season?

Our Company started last fall. We provide landscape design and construction services for residential clients in the South Jersey and SE Pa markets. We also provide lawn care programs for both commercial and residential. We are a subcontractor for a larger commercial maintenance company and treat around 400-500 acres for them. The residential side is in it's infancy. This is what we need to expand. My goal is to gain 250-300 new residential lawn care application customers for 2014.

Others, please comment on the best way to accomplish this.

Our website is www.elementsdesignbuildllc.com

It was built with SEO in mind and I have a person working monthly to get us to page 1 for Google. So far, it has generated little traffic.

Please comment on website as well.

Thanks!

6. Elements Design/Build LLC

Elements Design/Build LLC LawnSite Member

Another question:

Did you repeat the mailers to the same routes? How many times?

Anyone specifically targeting lawn care application accounts?

7. BandBLawncare

BandBLawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

This thread has been great

8. PLW

PLW LawnSite Senior Member

I know this is off topic, but what size mowers do you use to cut the 1.4 acre lots? Is it just you cutting them DLONG or do you have helpers that help you and also about how long does it take you to cut one of the 1/4 lots?

Just trying to get a general idea as i'm going to be targeting these types of lots.