EDDM Advertising and Post Card Printing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DLONGLANDSCAPING, Jan 23, 2013.

1. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

That's what I did. Had the printer do from start to finish,cost me an extra 75.00 bucks. Plus with the po they only want cash or check,maybe debit card,no cc. So they paid for postage and I just put it all on my cc to them.

2. DLONGLANDSCAPING

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

Grand view, what did everything cost you and how many did you have printed?

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

The postoffice here takes credit card.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. DLONGLANDSCAPING

DLONGLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

Same with mine, I have a new chase credit card with 5% cash back the first three months. So I will be spending my limit each month with the start up costs. I hate credit cards , much prefer debit, but saving 5% is a pretty good deal

5. mowing4cash

mowing4cash LawnSite Member
    from us

Get a small mail scale and weight out 100 postcards in grams then you will not have to count out the postcards every time. Scales are $10 at walmart. I can do 5000 post cards in less then 4 hours bundling and paperwork and selecting routes

6. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Might of changed. Last yr no cc.

5000 postcards designed,printed service for the mailing and postage was around 1100.00

7. BenThere Lawncare

BenThere Lawncare LawnSite Member

Really good idea there. I think the OP is making this a little harder then he has to. I had my batch of 5000 sorted and ready to go in about 3 hours.

8. mowing4cash

mowing4cash LawnSite Member
    from us

9. Greener Grounds NC

Greener Grounds NC LawnSite Member

what day of the week do you think is the most effective to send out direct mailers? I know this does matter along with the weather. Some people are in a rush on fridays etc have places to go, plans to make out of town etc. What days do you guys have the best results with? I have found Wednesdays to be best for me.

10. BenThere Lawncare

BenThere Lawncare LawnSite Member

Im waiting for a good 3 day stretch where the weather is nice and sunny and people start thinking about springtime more and more. In my area the newspaper ads go in the mail on Wednesdays so I would be careful not to have yours sent on the same day and get lost in all the other mail.