EDDM card proof.. opinions?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by EdgeO'theMap, Aug 27, 2014.

1. EdgeO'theMap

EdgeO'theMap LawnSite Member

I'm getting together my EDDM package for next season and this is the second proof recieved from a local print shop. How does it look? What should I have added or changed? Thanks.

proof 2.jpg

2. Williams76

Williams76 LawnSite Member

Looks good

3. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

4. EdgeO'theMap

That is to help ensure they don't use you and drop you I assume? Most of the examples I've looked at mention the second cutting. Thanks for the input. Anyone else?

5. JeremyKuhn

JeremyKuhn LawnSite Senior Member

If you are looking at contracts you might even move the free cut to with a yearly contract signup or a free fert or trimming job depending on the property.

6. Dr. Cornwallis

Dr. Cornwallis LawnSite Senior Member

Honestly, to me it looks a little generic. I see a lot of lawn flyers/post cards and they all look the same.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. EdgeO'theMap

I was looking at using contracts actually, I planned to tell the customer the details of the offer when asked. Yes sir/ma'am here is our standard contract, as soon as we take care of this we can get that free service scheduled for you.

I see what your saying about it being generic, what can be added to make it different from all those other flyers/postcards?

8. EdgeO'theMap

Thought I would add these will be 5.5" x 8.5" and they want 187.50 per thousand.

9. Ghopper3345

Ghopper3345 LawnSite Member
    from Nj

To basic. Where's the deal. A free cutting. Please u want to get your foot in door. Every one will give a free cutting. I send out about 30000 eddm a month. That phone will not ring much. Ask yourself before you send that flyer. Why would I call this company. Your ad is almost worst than save 10%. Get your foot in the door with out loosing your head show them the value you offer then raise your rates. People will call when value passes price. Also change your spreader pic looks like a homeowner
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Ditta&Sons

Ditta&Sons LawnSite Bronze Member

the spreader pic is a generic google pic for fertilizer, use one of yourself.

heres me and my spreader, and i think when they can put a face to the company its more trustworthy, so i plan to take a better picture at some point to use for advertising

fertilizer.jpg