1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

eddm card

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Schrock Lawns, Jan 6, 2013.

1. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah, I would make sure first.
  2. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

Use your own work
  3. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I don't have any tough ****
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

5. Porkins

Porkins LawnSite Senior Member

If you don't have any photos of your own work, I would use a stock image like this one.

Also like others have said check spelling.
  6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Ill break it down a lil bit for you. Dont take this the wrong way. You need to stick to just mowing at 14. With the way you are designing that card it is portraying a company that your not. You have a pic of a hardscape walkway that im pretty sure you wouldnt be able to install like that or price properly. Ive been doing landscaping for 10+ years and mowing for 15+ yrs. i wouldnt try to sell a job, i couldnt do. So dont advertise work that is out of your league or comfort zone. No matter what at the end of the day you are still 14 and by law atent allowed to perform alot of work. Enjoy being a kid. Alot of us wish we would have.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

Words of wisdom!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. Fwilamosky

Fwilamosky LawnSite Senior Member

stick to simply mowing, work for a company doing hardscapes and learn the ways to do them correctly IMO. good luck
  9. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

its not just me doing the work its my dads companys till i turn 18 its life kreft aa few years ago, i work for the company then when im 18 ill get the company handed over to me because almost all the work ive done on my own, dad only owns it so the companys legal me and my dad have experience doing more then mowing so im going to push all the services i offer if i cant do it i sub it out , and for enjoying my child hood i do just problay not as much as all my friends who drink and smoke
  10. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

You don't have any pics of the hardscapes you have done? Even if what you say is true and you do all the designing, installing, etc yourself and the business is just in your Dad's name, how many people are going to take your seriously and trust you with anymore than $250 of work? Like Kajun, I think you will have much more feedback with smaller jobs like mowing.