eddm card

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Schrock Lawns, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Schrock Lawns

Schrock Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't done anything major I'm trying to push maitence but I'm not jut goin to leave it blank and just have maitence on it I'm going to post the other stuff I do
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

Its like my dad and I. We do mowing plus a few other odds and ends. We enjoy mowing and we really work together as a team. So thats what we do...mowing. We have done pretty well. It will be 5 years in March since we started doing it. I have loved every minute of it. Dont take what Krayz said to heart. He's trying to help you out like all the rest of us. He knows what hes talking about look where hes at in his career. I wish you all the best.

3. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

Umm well I think you should use your own work. You wouldn't want the customer think expect something spectacular and then be disappointed. That could really affect your buisness. Maybe take the pictures on the right off and put more simple pictures. But other than that it's good

4. GLM5

GLM5 LawnSite Member

Alright man this is how i would approach it. I am 14 years as well but you cant push anything to past. I have been doing this for 2 years but last year was my first real big year. I currently has about 18 to 20 clients. My weekend and friday are packed during school. I work roughly 5 to 6 days a week in the summer. Reason why I am learning is because I help out other guys that are in there 20's that know this business and can show me the ropes. Your first legit year will be hard and frustrating. My business is work of mouth yard signs and advertising about 2 months out of the year thats it. Do good work at good prices people will love you. Build a solid customer basis and always be honest. Also i would not put other peoples pictures of there work on a postcard like that. You dont own it. Start off easy with zero expenses and go with craigslist.

5. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

I understand where you are coming from and trying to provide positive help. Just last week you started a thread asking how to get started in hardscaping and now you are trying to advertise being a professional hardscaper. As a customer, I would not hire you for being dishonest.

There are so many guys in the business that get on a property doing something simple like mowing and next thing you know they are they are suddenly experts at everything ( install your deck, hardscape, lights, hang ceiling fans) b/c they have a truck and ladder. Anything they can do to make money even though they have little to no experience doing so.

6. Schrock Lawns

Yea I did I've done SMALL hardscaping stuff I made a thread asking for advice and if theirs any courses or that type of stuff just to make all you guys happy ill take off hardscaping and walk down my street tommrow and do free work to get pictures
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Woah now! You put YOUR example of a EDDM on a public forum don't get mad others criticize it and offer suggestions

8. Schrock Lawns

I'm not mad haha it's fine I already changed the postcard around but I know If i was over 20 no one would have a problem with it the post card ill post the new one tommrow when I'm at my computer
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Sure age has a factor in it but if you had pictures of you doing hard scape that would shut everybody up. You know the saying... "Pictures or it didn't happen"

10. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

Wrong, people would still say you are wrong for being dishonest no matter what age you are. You want to be a reputable and respected business in the community and advertising for services you would botch is not how it should be done