1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

EDDM Postcard Proof 1

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ryan41, Jan 17, 2013.

1. PlantscapeSolutions

PlantscapeSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

The thing you really need to take into account with EDDM is your not filtering your target market. Your hitting old homes, new homes, lower priced homes, as well as the more expensive ones that make the best clients. Your true cost to use EDDM is actually much higher because your going to have a lot of waste. You will be sending a lot of cards to homes that are not your target market.

You also need to be aware that the filtered mailing lists that most direct mail places use by default are crap. If you want a really good mailing list you need to deal with a place like InfoUSA that can use a multitude of filters to really hit your target market. There are a few other places similar to InfoUSA but they are the company I use.

For the actual printing you need to check out cactusmailings.com. The picture I used for printing was about 10 megs and the printing quality at cactus was amazing. I priced Adeas to see how they compared and cactus beat the pants off them. Not even close.

My target market is only high end (750K plus) and homes built no later than 1990. People with newer homes tend to be willing to invest in them while people with older homes tend to become complacent and think the stale aging landscape looks just fine.

I would caution anyone pondering EDDM to really scrutinize the facts and the waste associated with not doing focused mailings.
  2. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

I know the areas well enough on the routes I've picked for the postcards to go, with house values, demographics, etc. Thankfully the routes set up in my area are set up by development, therefore it's easy to pick what I want.
  3. BetterLawns&Gardens

BetterLawns&Gardens LawnSite Member

These are perfect I was getting so jealous when I first looked at them with out seeing that someone did it for you. They are well worth the money they look amazing! I like the idea of giving two free mowings
  4. ryan41

ryan41 LawnSite Senior Member

Thank You!! It will only cost me around $750.00 to mail 5,000 out!
    Its a pretty sweeet deal USPS has.
  5. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

$750 and that includes Bob's printing & design?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. BetterLawns&Gardens

BetterLawns&Gardens LawnSite Member

Are you contracted to have them do the printing? If not you can use gotprint.com to print them. I don't know how well they do on work from personal experience I haven't ordered mine yet, but from the way I hear others talk on here they do a good job and the price is far better than anyone else I have seen. I can't afford to order 5000 yet but for 1000 they were only 120
  7. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Sweet! Myself, I prefer grass photos taken on a dark cloudy day--the grass looks greener. If you can manage to get your truck parked in the drive that is a plus. Of course this is probably a stock photograph, so not likely...unless the stock photograph could have a truck in the background...and then photographically insert your name on the truck.
  8. ryan41

No just postage cost. so its right around $1,250.00 without design fee.
  9. ryan41

That's not really a good deal. If you do 5,000 its about 450 for printing. if i would do 5,000 at $120 per 1000 cards that's $600.00. If i were you i would do at least 2,500.
  10. Wiedmann

Wiedmann LawnSite Member

If you search hard you might be able to find a cheaper deal on printing but it's not the end of the world. I looked around last year and found a local newspaper who would print my postcards at $.09 per postcard. I had them do 5,000 postcards for my first batch i mailed out and then had some large company off the internet print my last 5,000 for my second batch. the larger company was a little cheaper but if you held up local printed postcard vs large internet company postcard.... the local one looked a lot better. picture was clearer and picture didn't look dazed. both did the job though.