1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Edge 'em Up!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MATTHEW, Nov 19, 2001.

1. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

bill as i said almost no companies where i am do this.

from upstarts to companies with multiple crews. ive worked for companies that did 10 million dollar homes-no edging. ive never used an edger nor seen one being used. by anyone. i do see the odd house with it done, but it never catches on.

i dont think of my self as a half ass cutter. and i know that the huge estate market companies around here don't think off themselves as half ass cutters.

i wont add such a service without CHARGING for it. and right now i don't see the need.

i guess my market is different from yours.

unbelievable, eh?:rolleyes:

2. williamslawn

williamslawn LawnSite Member
    from SC

We edge asphalt,concrete, and all beds. No exceptions. It is included in our prices. We use to give customer option but now when I bid on a job I include it in the price.

3. Craig Turf Management

Craig Turf Management LawnSite Senior Member

You're right. Don't do anything for free.
    Not saying you're not a pro, just take the opportunity to set yourself apart. You have to admit that an edged lawn looks much better than the lawns that aren't.
    Take care, Bill!

4. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

I edge everything, everytime. If not, it looks like a 3 year old was doing the job. I can't stand to see grass growing over onto the sidewalks and curbs.

Hank

5. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

MuskTurfKing

"Amen "