Edge Restraints

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by vtscaper, Jul 10, 2013.

1. vtscaper

vtscaper LawnSite Member

Fellas

I am tired of buying edging a couple bundles at a time from our local supplier. Currently we have been using Beast Brickkstop Edging which is an ok flexible edging we are paying $10 an 8' piece for!!!

We go through several hundred pieces a year and am in need of buying quantity of quality edging for a reasonable price.

Ideally I would buy something like snapedge for straights and beast for curves

any thoughts?

2. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Go for the best that suits your needs and charge accordingly. Unless you buy it by the pallet, I know "snapedge" is willing to give a good discount.

3. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

I swear by SnapEdge.

Tell your supplier you'll split a tractor trailer load if they give you a price break.

I think I pay $9.78 for piece of SnapEdge. That's my supplier's cost to everyone.

4. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

I like snapedge
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. big daddy b

big daddy b LawnSite Member

Yeah, we use Snap Edge for everything, where we are we pay $9.10 per 8' section.
    There is also Dymex Low Profile edging, it's not snap edge, they don't connect together, but it works well with the thermal finish bluestone since they are thinner pieces. The low pro is $7.96 per 7.6' section.

6. Birchwood

Birchwood LawnSite Member

snap edge is great but costly, we use it for straights and beast for curves since its cheaper and no need to cut any tabs. Unilock will offer a good price if you buy a pallet. Even better if you buy preseason.

7. vtscaper

vtscaper LawnSite Member

thanks guys

8. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

We've been using Edge Pro edging for the last 5 years. Seems to work great and have no issues with it on any job we've done.

We pay $6.76 per 7.5' piece.

http://www.edgepro.com/

[​IMG]