edged so much I got a blister and ...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BryPaulD, Aug 17, 2004.

1. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

2 wheelbarrow's full of cut offs. I wonder how much that job was worth? Had to have been a couple few hundred feet of it. It was the first time those sidewalks and curb had ever been edged. I was pulling the cut offf up and they were like chunks of sod.

2. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I charge by the linear foot. Also charge extra for debris removal if it has been several years since last edging.

Mike

3. BryPaulD

from MI

Thanks Mike. Approximately how much? I need to tell the rents how much that's worth. It felt, and now looks like a couple hundred bucks. :) :) But probably like a fifty or so?

4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

DON'T sell your self short.. If it was $200 worth of work, charge em' $200. If they are too cheap, at least a C note.. I've done more than a few of those kinda of jobs, and if it's overgrown that bad, they get charged for a clean up...

5. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

On work that involved, at least get a dollar a minute. . . PLEASE! That's one of the worst jobs in the green industry. If you want to justify it, think of how much $$ they didn't have to fork out while they let it grow into sod. . . Don't just let'em keep it all!

6. BryPaulD

from MI

thanks you guys :) you're boosting my confidence. I think I'll actually measure how many feet of it was done and go from there... Man ther were chuncks of that stuff like 8" wide. I used some of that stuff to fill in bad spots in my lawn on the side of my house. Then at least they have probably twice as much as what I already did, to still do yet. :eek: