edger and trimmer whats good?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ajlandscaping, Jul 20, 2005.

1. ajlandscaping

ajlandscaping LawnSite Member

today my trimmer/edger broke and i need to know what kind of edger and trimmer are good to use the one i had was interchangable so i could switch from edger to trimmer well today the connector for the 2 cables in the shaft sheered.

im sick of the interchangable stuff and want something else something better what would you guys suggest?

2. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Edgit, With a Shindawia or Redmax Trimmer.

3. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

I got husq trimmers.... They work decent but extended periods of operating they get real hot. They are strong and light tho and I got them at dealer cost so it was a good deal. 3 plus years on one and never did anything but plugs and line.

I got an echo edger a while back and its very easy to use with good power. All the majors are pretty good. Go grab a few and see what feels right to you and which you will get good service after the sale with. Do yourself a favor and buy from a dealer tho and not lowes home depot type place or you will never get service. Stihl , Echo, Redmax, Shindawa, Maruyama, all seemed to work well when I have tried them at one time or another.

4. ajlandscaping

how do/did you get dealer prices?

5. ajlandscaping

who do you guys think make better trimmer and edgers stihl or echo

6. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

I used to like Echo over Sthil but today I'd buy a Redmax first or a Shindy.

7. ajlandscaping

well my closest dealer only sells echo and stihl if i wanted nething else 20-30 minutes is the next closest dealer. the dealer i ben goin to is practically rite down the road from me and plus stihl and echo seem to be great product just wanted to know which was better before i go drop about 600 there on a trimmer and edger

8. Pro-Scapes

I work part time for a farm and ranch store that sells husq and then I work more or less full time there when the winters get slow mowing. May have enough mowing this winter with leaf clean ups and such to stay busy tho.

9. Pro-Scapes

Both are good quality units. Test em and see which one your more comfortable with.

10. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

Redmax, Husky. just started using a Husqvarna 326L, very good trimmer. Light, easy to use, head works good. @2400s or 2600s redmax's are very good trimmers also. good luck.