1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Edger attachment for Stihl FS90R ?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by RT Mowing, Apr 11, 2011.

1. StihlBR600

StihlBR600 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the same set up your looking at. I paid $180 for the gearbox. I love it because you can use it to do bed edging with a Magnum edger blade because the FS90R has a solid shaft and the gearbox is geared lower than a regular dedicated edger. It is a little heavier than a FC90 but itll make you stronger :weightlifter: You can swap out attachments i would say in about 3-4 minutes.

2. RT Mowing

RT Mowing LawnSite Member
    from Mid TN

Thanks, all of you, for the great info. Sounds like either the Kombi or dedicated power units for each use would be the way to go. I'll have to see how it goes with the gearbox attachment and eventually get maybe a 130R for trimming.

I wouldn't mind having more power but first I need more yards so I can buy more shiny new equipment! :dizzy:

3. StihlBR600

StihlBR600 LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldnt bother with buying the 130R if your trimming with it every day. I use the FS100RX. It has the best power to weight ratio and has more than enough power for every day trimming. using the 130 every day will kill you.

4. grincon

grincon LawnSite Member

If they dont sell the gear box buy the kombi attachment and just take the gear box off
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. RT Mowing

from Mid TN

I didn't know about the 100RX. It's a good bit lighter than my 90. I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks for the tips!

6. cashishift

cashishift LawnSite Member

The 100RX is not able to run the attachments which is what this thread is all about.

7. RT Mowing

from Mid TN

Being the one that started this thread, I'm well aware of what it's about. Try reading and paying attention next time before you offer any snide remarks, OK?:hammerhead:

8. cashishift

cashishift LawnSite Member

:rolleyes:

9. RT Mowing

from Mid TN

Read this, if you are able.

Notice the discussion has moved towards getting another power unit for trimming only, which the 100RX would be perfect for.

:rolleyes: