edger attachment for trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by promower, Mar 11, 2004.

1. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I ordered an edger attachment for my trimmer. My trimmer isn't a split boom so just the head comes off for the attachment. Trimmer is an FS-85 stihl I'm not sure who makes the attachment. Anyone have experience with a staight edger attachment on thier trimmer. Cost was $100 but it worried me that they didnt have any pictures or demo model to show me. Dealer has always been excellent towards me so they wouldnt sell me a piece of junk.
  2. dreisman

dreisman LawnSite Member

I have an Echo PAS260 split shaft. I have a stick edger, Tree pruner, and extended hedge trimmers. All work great. I don't know anything about Sthil. I do not buy anything sight unseen. If you trust you guy you may be ok. Will he take it back if youdo not like it?
  3. promower

I'm not sure if he will take it back if it has been used. I've never bought anything without seeing it first so this could be a learning lesson.
  4. MR. Nomo

MR. Nomo LawnSite Member

You have nothing to worry about...it is a stihl!!
    I have the exact same set up. It is lighter than the split shaft type. My dealer said he will not even sell the split shaft!
    Its lighter and let face it, it has one less connection point so reliablity is increased. IMO

However it will take about a minute or so longer to change the head than the split shaft.
  5. promower

Thanks MR. Nomo eases my mind a bit, I have the hedge trimming attachment and love it.