edger blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mdb landscaping, Feb 4, 2001.

1. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

last year i bought the edger attachment for my echo split shaft trimmer. the blade has gone dull and its time to buy new blades. since the edger only got dull on one side, can i flip it over and wear down the other side? it just looks like a rectangular piece of metal, but i wasnt sure if i can do this. anyone know how much a replacement blade is?

2. lawman

lawman LawnSite Member

Ask the tech people Echo on their web site. I do this all the time when I a tech question about a pice of equipment I own. shindaiwa and they have been great. They get back to me in a day or so. I hope that this helps.

3. Cleve

Cleve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Rockmart, GA

If that blade has lasted this long then you're not using the edger right.
    I have to replace those blades about every day on days that I edge all the yards.
    I keep the blade touching the concrete curb or driveway and vertical to the ground with the tip into the ground a little.
    Even the best blades won't last more than a few days like that. I just buy them in bulk and usually the cost is around $2 or so each.
    Cleve....

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

hey cleve. i only used it like 5 times during the summer. trust me. i used it right, just not a lot. ive used them stick edgers for years.

5. Cleve

Cleve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Rockmart, GA

If you have used stick edgers for years then you should know that the blades just plain wear out and never need "sharpening"... :rolleyes:
    Cleve....

6. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I flip mine when I don't have a new one. Just buy new ones and keep with you, nothing like a new edger blade. I can buy them for $1.30 or $1.00 per if I buy a box of 50. Pretty cheap.

7. moonarrow

moonarrow LawnSite Member

Homer you buy your blades locally or do you order them that is a good price. I might have you send me a box if you buy them locally, I can't get that price here

8. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Whe buying edger blades, I buy the thickest ones that are available. The less I have to change it ,the better.