Edger?? Which one to buy?? Need some help from the pros.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by DillonsLawnCare, Aug 29, 2007.

1. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

im looking for an edger thats commercial grade and is durable. somewhere around 200 to 300$ what do you guys reccomend? thanks

:usflag: :weightlifter: :cool2:

2. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

3. DillonsLawnCare

thanks i found one!!

4. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Weren't you the kid who said on a earlier thread that edgers were a waste and not needed? Funny how things work out. Whatever you buy make sure it has an adjustable carb, that's the only downfall to the echo PE 200 thats only $200

5. DillonsLawnCare

yeahh.... that was me. i didnt realize how much time and energy it would save me. but now i know. thanks for the info. and sorry for my ignorance on earlier threads!!

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Well your running a shindaiwa trimmer so I'd stick with shindaiwa. Either that or an Echo. Don't waste your money on the PE 200 though, get at least the 230. Or maybe look into a PAS unit with the edger attachment.

7. Skimastr105

Skimastr105 LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a Shindaiwa 260 off ebay for about 150 bucks. They have a lot of power.

8. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

the new shindiawa 242 series trimmers and edgers are bad mothers. i have a multi tool 242 with a trimmer and edger attachments. these work as well as the old LE260s did in my opinion. with the power unit, two attachments, and an echo handheld blower for 550 iirc.

9. LawnNeedz

LawnNeedz LawnSite Senior Member

I have been using a Kawasaki edger all season and have been very happy with it. It has good power and is fairly light weight. I think I paid about $250 for mine.