Edger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by newblade, Sep 10, 2005.

1. newblade

newblade LawnSite Member

Other than using your trimmer, what is the least expensive edger that I can buy and it be a good one. I am not going to have to use it that much but would still rather use that than the trimmer.

2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I can tell you what not to buy, an echo 200 edger. Complete waste of money, I refuse to use it because it is so slow!. It is so weak will hardly edge mud, complete wussy. It was 199 but wished I would have spent the extra 100 bucks and gotten the stihl or anything but this p--sy. The 3 times I have had to use it was a form of torture :angry:

3. Fubba

Fubba LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Echo PE-200 edger which has done fine. I don't have to edge a whole lot, and it works great for what I do. It's probably the least expensive edger you can buy. For higher quality, I would look to Stihl, but only if you plan on edging a lot.

4. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a ryobi click-link and a troybilt click-link that i use both for trimming and edging.both are powerful.dont have a complaint about either.i have done overgrown driveways that were six to eight inches over with them with no prob.others may have used a walk behind but i like my sticks.

5. johnx1x

johnx1x LawnSite Member

I have an Echo PE-230 and have been very happy with it. The PE-200 is really a light duty unit.

John

6. TripleT'sLawnCare

TripleT'sLawnCare LawnSite Member

I have 2 echo PE-230's and have no complants except when doing very overgrown driveways and walks. On regular accounts no complants.

7. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Thought I'd mention the edge-it attachment. I just put one on one of my trimmers last week and have been very happy with it. It can't really cut through sod or even thick grass, but works great for maintaining a nice edge.