1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Edger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Landscape89, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Landscape89

Landscape89 LawnSite Member

I am considering buying a power edger for my spring clean ups next season instead of doing it by hand to save time.. Any opinions on what to buy? I am looking at either a Husqvarna or Redmax at the moment but I wanted to know what you guys think?

THANKS

2. Fubba

Fubba LawnSite Senior Member

No Husky :nono: You can always do good with Redmax. Stihl makes a dern good edger too. If you don't have to edge a lot, then the Echo PE 200, but I wouldn't go that route. I bought mine awhile back. If I could go back, I would probably just spend another $100 to get a Stihl or bigger Echo. Just my 2 cents.

3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Im picking up a Stihl fs110 edger tomorrow. My 2 cents

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

If you are talking about spring edging, first time stuff, you may want to consider a walk behind edger... Stick edgers are generally better for weekly or every other week edging but not so good for cutting 6 inches of sod off the top of a sidewalk. However, I have SEEN a Sthil FS110 do just that. Problably one of the strongest "stick" edgers out there with their solid shaft (most have a flex shaft).

Still their weaknesses are in the clutch. It can slip, or burn out on any edger if you abuse it.

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have a Stihl and am well pleased, I havent used the Redmax or the Husky so I couldnt say anything good or bad about them. When I purchased the Stihl, The solid drive shaft and the dual wheels and the edger doesnt clog up with dirt like some others.

6. Perry's Lawn Service

Perry's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I just to put in my 2 cents, i have a homelite egder and i hate it... never go residental equipment.. ive been told the STIHL has the best out that and thats what im looking at for next season.