Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Something D, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Something D

Something D LawnSite Member
    from East TN

What do you all use for an edger....Stick or stand alone (3 wheel) (not sure the correct name for it) and what brand do you all recommend?
  2. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I use a Shindaiwa M2500 powerhead with the edger attachment.........

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I use both, I find that the 3 wheel is much easier on side walks and drives, and the stick edger works best on flower beds. I have a stihl stick edger and a 10 year old craftsman 3 wheel edger
  4. EC-Rider

EC-Rider LawnSite Member

I prefer and use a Redmax stick edger; I have used many different brands, and also like the Stihl. payup

I have yet to bog down the Redmax, the more I lower it, the more it pulls me…LOL! :cry:

I find the stick edger to be faster, more maneuverable, especially around curbs and flowerbeds and just as useable as the three-wheel push edger.

Hope that helps!

It’s all good! Enjoy! Peace! :angel:

EC-Rider :waving::
  5. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

No offense intended, but try the search feature. This and many other topics are very well discussed and referenced in the archives.
  6. jhawk71

jhawk71 LawnSite Member

I use a stihl fc 110 stick edger. Works great plenty of power, even on first time edges. If debating between brand do a search tons of info. That's how I decided on Stihl.

7. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Shindaiwa LE261 stickedger. I personally like the bent shaft edgers so you don't have to walk on the curb like the Stihls. I also have a wb edger. It doesn't get used much, just on first time edges.
  8. Green lawns

Green lawns LawnSite Member

We use both Stihl and Echo stick edgers.
  9. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use a Mc Lane Walk Behind Edger. and a deere stick...

Nothin runs like a deere nuthin smells like a john.