Edgers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mcwlandscaping, Dec 5, 2005.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Probably not the best time for this but i have the opportunity to get one so here we go!! I need a comparison betweeen the units below, what owners think of them, performance, power, any feedback would be greatly appreciated:

Echo PE-230
    Stihl FC-75
    Shindaiwa LE261

I have dealers for all of them, all are great, the echo and shindi dealer is the same and the stihl dealer is a different one. If anyone has any ideas of prices that would be helpful also. I think these three units are comparable, Thanks

Michael

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We purchased a 260 new in 2002 runs like a champ no problems we are running redmax now we traded the shin in to a new edger.

3. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We have an FC75 and I think we paid $299 plus tax. Before we bought this we used trimmers to edge, the edger saves a lot of time when edging large areas. We still use the trimmers to edge sometimes, but in thick Zyosia and Bermuda there is no comparison the edger leaves the best look.

4. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

I have an FC75 that is OLD. I cant even tell you how many hours are on the thing. It works well, could use a little more power but still gets the job done. It still starts on 1st or 2nd pull. Only thing I have had a problem with is the starter rope broke once.

5. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

The SHindy 260 is very nice!!!:)

6. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a 03 le231 starts always and runs great with great power--the 260 can only be better

7. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

R E D M A X

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Forgot about them, what model redmax would be comparable to the others up top? The redmax dealer is also the one with shindi and echo so im all set for a dealer. Thanks, keep the responses comming!!

9. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i like the echo edger best -best wheel desighn.

10. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Forget about them? Redmax is the best damn thing I ever used! Comfortable powerful and easy to use.