Edgers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by greenguy04, Jun 22, 2004.

1. greenguy04

greenguy04 LawnSite Member

What is a good commercial edger to purchase? The choices are plentiful and I am not too familiar with what specs to look for. What are you all using for your jobs? Thanks.

2. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Not letting the fact that we sell them be an issue, but the Xtra Edger from Little Wonder is fairly nice. One of our customers that is a large LCO in the area purchased one because him and his crew were tired of their backs hurting at the end of a day of edging from having to twist their bodies sideways to edge. The Xtra Edger is a small walk-behind 2-cycle that is light weight, and has handles somewhat like a Mantis cultivator. It also uses a 4 edge setup to edge a longer distance in a shorter amount of time. I'm sure there are pictures on the website of them. We've personally tried it and it IS much easier to manuever and control than a stick edger, and less bulky than the traditional homeowner with the 4 cycle engine.

3. greenguy04

greenguy04 LawnSite Member

Thanks. I went to the website. Those are some neat looking edgers. How much does one of those little buggers cost?

4. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

They list for about $475. I'm sure you didn't see it, but I have an ad in the Marketplace section here where I'm selling 3 of them. Still have 2 left if you're interested in one. If not, that's fine too, but I'd definitely recommend looking into one, it's a nice piece of equipment. Powerful too, biggest engine of any of the stick/portable type edgers.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72068

5. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

For a time, they were on sale for $389 something. Have not checked lately to see if they are still on sale. Not being in a very large town, we can't order a whole herd of them at one time because they're probably a little more than what your average home owner will spend on one.