1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Edging Alternatives

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by chiseled, Jun 15, 2009.

1. chiseled

chiseled LawnSite Member

I am designing landscape beds along a home's foundation with mulch. On the one side of the the bed, mulch will meet its border, 3/4" decorative stone. Is there a product out there that will keep the stone and mulch neatly separated without looking aesthetically bad? The driveway is also filled with decorative stone. so I am cutting a new edge on the side of the driveway which has grass as a border. There is 1-2" of stone there now with lots of weeds which will get pulled, and then 18 tons more will be installed on top. Should I install aluminum edging here as well? Thanks

2. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Go with a brick and mortar edging. It looks a lot better than just metal edging.

Run string lines to keep them strait, dig a trench two inches wider than the paver, fill with mortar, lay the brick.