Edging Bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by soups10, Apr 11, 2001.

1. soups10

soups10 LawnSite Member

I normally include Bi-weekly edging in my bids,however I have a property that has about 800 linear feet to be edged. Any one care to guess on a bid for this one?
  2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I would guesstimarte that to take you about 11 minutes at 75 feet per minute.

Therefore I would charge them one half hour for my labor.

3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

We broke a shaft in my Stihl edger the other day while edging a new yard! It got so hot it broke. The lady next door wanted an estimate to edge her driveway and curb, wanted it left in her frt door. It took us about 45 minutes to edge and trim out the curbs and driveways on the yard we were doing because it had not been done in so long. I left her a $45.00 estimate and haven't heard from her.

My point is: If it ain't been done in a while you can't base it on normal times. There is also clean-up and blowing that goes along with it. I won't do any one time edging unless I get $1.00 a minute. Luckily there is a lifetime warranty on the shafts for Stihl edgers so all it cost was a trip to the dealer to get it fixed, he loaned me a Husqvarna to use while mine was down..........I like my Stihl better.