Edging for free

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Nitroman, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Nitroman

Nitroman LawnSite Member
    from indiana

Some of my first customers got edging for free, it probably saves me time and money in the long run thow on the small 1/4 lots.

Thoughts?:confused:

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Shouldn't this have been adding into your original price? You only edge when they pay you extra?

3. tx_angler

tx_angler LawnSite Senior Member

Free? FREE? I quit working for free when I was 14 and found out they'll pay me to work!

4. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

I always edge walks for free-it takes no time at all. It's included in the price-no extra.

5. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I gotta second what Hoss said...... This should be figured into your mowing price from the begining. If you are giving people a seperate price for edging its confusing to them....

6. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I want do a yard unless they will let me do the whole deal... mow, edge, trim, blow. IMO it's better advertising for me. I've never had a person tell me no.

7. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I edge for free and I trim for free I mow for free and I even fert for free. I just charge a whole heck of alot to show up:D

Mac

8. Zach76

Zach76 LawnSite Member

9. broken leg

broken leg LawnSite Senior Member

I will not do a yard with out edging and blowing because the people that see you do the yard do not know that you are not getting paid to edge and blow. They just think you do bad work.

10. R&K Ent.

R&K Ent. LawnSite Member

Are we confused about egding. I thought you were talking about using a egding machine aroung concrete walks and drives. Like cut a half inch wide, 1.5 deep groove along walks so you don't have to TRIM(weed eat,wack,whatever YOU call using a string trimmer).

Can someone clear this up for us?