1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

edging job

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JTS lawn care, Aug 16, 2003.

1. JTS lawn care

JTS lawn care LawnSite Member

i got a call from a guy who wonts some edging done wonts me to reput the metal edging in and straighten it out more better. The job would take around 2 hrs to complete. was just wondering what i should charge to do this i thought about $110. any suggestions would help.
  2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

HI JTS,

I am sure others will reply but here is a quick thread to give you more insight.
  3. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Sounds fair if you get it at that price. What if it takes you 3 hours?
  4. JTS lawn care

JTS lawn care LawnSite Member

he told me to just come and do it and to charge him a fair price for doing it. if it took 3 hour i would charge a little bit more. but shouldnt take that long i use the edger for my trimmer to make a trench for the edging to go into.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

u better tell his the price before u start his idea of a fair price might be different than yours
  6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I agree with PJ,unless this is a regular customer tell him a price first.
  7. gramps

gramps LawnSite Member

:blob2: :cry: :alien: :blob3: :angry: :confused: :blob2: :drinkup: :gunsfirin :dizzy: :sleeping: I agree with you. Do the job and charge what you can.That way you could half the price and still over charge.