Edging & Mulching Estimate

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Crewcutlawncare, May 12, 2006.

1. Crewcutlawncare

Crewcutlawncare LawnSite Member

I was wondering if someone could help me with an estimate. This one guy called me up and wants to know how much it would be to lay down approx. 7 yds. of mulch and eding about 3-400 ft. of beds. The bed edging would be done with a hand edger and a flat shovel. The mulch is going to be moved with one 8 cu. ft. wheelbarrow, and one 6 cu. ft. wheelbarrow. So I figured on 3 guys working about 10 hours. Any prices or suggestions that you could give me would be greatly appreciated!

2. MJM landscaping

MJM landscaping LawnSite Member

$690 for the whole job. With 3 guys you could have it done in about 3 hours.

3. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

If it were easy access with the wheel barrows we charge 65$ per yard installed. Edging is 1$/ft with a bed edger and 3-400 feet would definetely be done with one, if I had to I would rent one. We would come in on that job at around 855.00 dollars respectively.

4. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

My price would be real close to MJM's. With 1 helper should be done in about 3 hours, maybe 4, but I would do the edging with my bed edger.

5. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

10 hours 3 guys thats horrible . my brother and i did 18 yards of mulch , edged about 400 ft, planted 5 flats of flowers , sprayed all the weeds and fertilized the flowers in 8 hours. heres the house we did http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=146575

6. northernsvc's

northernsvc's LawnSite Member

i chare 63 dollars per yard triple ground premium mulch here in chicago.