edging prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by deereman, May 8, 2008.

1. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

I did a search and could not find what I was looking for. Can I get the going rate for edging along sidewalks and curbs? Any help would be great as I need to put something together for a customer. Thanks!

2. deereman

from USA

c-mon guys help a guy out. I did a search and really could not find what I needed. Talk to me!!!

3. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

if its a first time client and is badly overgrown, then i will charge a extra fee for edging, otherwise i include it in the price of mowing. i picked up a new client last month with st. aug. grass and they wanted me to edge around all their sprinkler heads...took me 45 minutes to do..i told them the extra fee and they said no problem...now i go every other mowing and edge around the heads, which is included in my mowing price and client is happy... customer comes first..unless of couse they are a pita....LOL

4. kingofgreen

kingofgreen LawnSite Member

I usually charge 25.00 per month for edging lawns. If the lawn has never been edged, the first time will be a lot of clean-up. After that, it usually takes me about 15 minutes a month to keep a nice clean edge. Hope this helps.

5. deereman

from USA

I thank you guys for BOTH responses. However I am looking at how much to charge per foot! I know some of these old timers can help. Because I need it bad, as I am lost. We currently do not offer this service and we are having requests for it. Please help out this feller!!!

6. Yater

Yater LawnSite Senior Member

You don't edge your lawns?? ...or do you have someone looking for edging only?

7. deereman

from USA

No I dont edge the lawns. Nobody really does around here. Just had a couple inquireing about it and dont know much about it. I bought Stihl Kombi system last year thinking about starting to do it. And I need some rates from you guys on here.

8. billslawn89

man, i thought that was part of the job! :confused:

9. billslawn89

well, i guess just figure out what your time is worth for doing the edging....

10. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

.50 cents a foot.