1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

edging pricing

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Dunn's, May 20, 2006.

1. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

How much do you all charge for edging sidewalks,driveways and walk on side of house to backyard if thats all they want. They cut their own grass and just want one time edging maybe once a month.

2. Dunn's

3. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

We have one customer like that. We do not normally do that. However, this customer is the owner of one of our commercial properties. We charge him around our normal minimum price. If you have a set minimum I would charge at least that.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah like 30 dollars if it only takes 20 minutes, 35 for 30 minutes, somewhere thereabouts if you don't mind dealing with that.

But you do got to get a minimum or you have to start drawing the line because sooner or later they keep (not them but others) wanting you to do smaller and smaller things until it's 'gee can you run your mower over this 10-foot patch of grass for 5 bucks?!' crap.

It gets to a point, I had someone wanted me to deliver and spread 2 cubic feet (not a typo) of mulch... I mean, you got to be joking, some might think hey what a deal, 3 dollar bag of mulch and I get 30 bucks but I just wasn't in the mood to be mickey-moused around.
    So you have to decide if you want to do it, but I do nothing for less than 30 and it really was 35 dangit but it's been a bit of a lean year so.

5. Dunn's

Thanks trinity thats what we where thinking we just havent had anyone just call us for that. It was weird cause we put out an ad and got this call because it was a really professional looking ad .what do you think

Attached Files:

6. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

If I'm just running a stick edger and their's not very much over growth I charge $35 to $50. It all depends on the length of the driveway and walkways. If I'm edging around landscaping I charge $1/ft.

7. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I like it. The ad looks sharp.:)

8. Dunn's

thanks the guy designed it and sent it out to around 22,000 homes for 175.00

9. bigcutup

bigcutup LawnSite Member

Dunns, I just PM'd you with a question about your equipment
    bigcutup

10. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

When you guys edge with a stick edger do you rake up the edge that you sliced off or do you just cut so little that it doesnt really need cleaning? I have never used a stick edger if you can't tell.

Thanks!
    Jeff