1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Edging Question?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lsylvain, Apr 5, 2005.

1. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

Ignoring time issues.. Which is better stick edgers or regualar?

I always used the regular edger every now and then and used trimmer the rest of the time. I got a cheap stick edger and hated the thing, but that was back when they were first getting around. It was heavy and a pain in the butt. I always had trouble with it, it would bog down and stall out, thats if the dam thing started in the first place, so it kind of turned me off to the whole idea.

Quality wise which do you think is better?
  2. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Quality wise I think an push edger is better. It has a larger blade and can make a deeper cut. Overall for the time it takes to use a stick edger I would not use a push edger except for the very first edgings. I find that once the edge is cut it takes you little to no time with a stick to make it look new again.
    That is My 2 cents.
  3. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

A "regular" edger will give a straighter "quality" edge along sidewalks, but a stick edger is easier for cornering (around mulch beds, etc.)
  4. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

WELL SAID.........can't add to that!