Edging Solution

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mtdman, Jan 19, 2007.

1. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I need an edging solution. Last season was a wet one, and it really cut into my ability to edge as often as I'd like. The stick edger and wb edger I have just make a mess when it's wet and muddy out. The heads get jammed up, it leaves behind a muddy mess on the sidewalk, etc. I would like to be able to edge on a weekly basis and not have to worry about the mess and clogging up the edger heads, etc. Any good suggestions?

Thanks.

2. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

Cut the edge with the edger really good [deep] when it is dry. When it is wet just use the weedeater to fresh up the edge. No fun digging mud out of the edger blade and dealing with the mess of using edger when conditions are wet.
    kenny.

3. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

The Edgit will solve your problem perfectly. It has to be seen to be believed (operated by someone who knows how to use it!).

I plan on using mine a LOT more this year. The reason I haven't used it as much the last few years is because I have it on an Echo 260, kinda heavy overall. This season I plan on switching to a Kaw KGT 27A (10.2 lbs), putting an Echo gearbox on the Kaw, so the Edgit will mount up to it. Hopefully the Echo gearbox will fit the Kaw, it fits my Tanaka. The Kaw is very light weight, but has a 26 cc engine, so will drive the Edgit well.

4. naturescape

You will see when using the Edgit, that the edge will look perfect, yet won't throw out much dirt when you're using it.

5. Throgmorton

Throgmorton LawnSite Member

ditto on the "Edgit". I have mine on my Stihl split shaft. I think its the KM 110.

6. mtdman

Any info on where to get this edgit?

7. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Their website.

What I try to do on sidewalks & drives is use my walk behind w/ 3 blades side by side. That way it puts a definitive line that is not too wide, but keeps it there for about a month or so. W/ the curbs, your guess is as good as mine.

8. naturescape

http://www.edgit.com/

It is designed to bolt directly to the Echo gearbox. Not sure if it will bolt to any other make gearbox, with some trimmers you need an adapter. What trimmers do you have?

Do you still like the Proslide I recommended to you a couple years ago?

9. mtdman

I use stihl trimmers. FS 80 and 110.

And yes, I can't live without the Proslide. The difference it makes is incredible. I'm going to buy a new one this season for my recent mower acquisition.

10. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

How much is the edgit and can i mount it to my stick edger?
    thanks for the help.
    Matt