edging techniques

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by steve124, Apr 26, 2007.

1. steve124

steve124 LawnSite Member

I am a homeowner with a new pusher edger and was wondering what the best techniques for edging are? How wide do you want the groove to be? When do you want to use the bevelling feature? How often do you need to edge? I live in Wisconsin.

2. JFizzle

JFizzle LawnSite Member

Hey Steve,
    Congrats on the new edger. Eging makes such a huge difference! Its pretty straight forward and a lot of it is just preference. We edge all of our lawns every week but I know a lot of guys who do it every other and it still looks okay. Around concrete our edging is allways at 90 degrees (perpandicular to the walks or driveway) Around certain flower beds you might use the bevel. I personally like the groove narrow. It gives a nice sharp clean look. Good luck.
  3. steve124

steve124 LawnSite Member

what the recommended method using a wheeled edger for going around curves on a driveway? Just going slow, I guess.
  4. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

basicly very slow thats why alot of guys use the stick edgers you can go around bends just as fast as you can go straight but the walk behind edgers do come in hand then trimming flower beds and things like that but i just use my weedeater for that