1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

edging the lawn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smarino21, Apr 27, 2006.

1. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

do you guys edge by weekly, or do you do it as needed or ounce per week. I usually did every week. Then i started last year doing bi weekly. It saved some time, Even by weekly i was noticing some lawns didnt really need it. I was thinking about doing it as needed or if someone were to complain just add them as an every week edge ya know?
  2. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

For me each one depends on whether or not the grass naturally lays over the edges. Usually I just make a super-quick pass each week - just to make things look sharp every time.
  3. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

If you do that make sure you charge for it. People will pay.
  4. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

Same here.

If I dont it ends up hanging over the curb and looking like crap.

By late July or August though Ill move to every other week.
  5. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

I like the guys that hack it down to nothing so they don't have to trim it for a month.
  6. Damian

Damian LawnSite Member

I edge every week. Granted, in the early or late part of the year, I can sometimes skip, but weekly otherwise. The thing is, while I hate edging, I think I find it easier to go into automode and do it every time rather than try to analyze and skip certain parts.