Edging with trimmer or edger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jmill88, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Jmill88

Jmill88 LawnSite Member

How often do you guys use an edger v. your line trimmer to edge your accounts. I guess it probably depends on what your customer wants, but just curious if most take the time to use an edger or not.

2. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

on all of my lawns, i use the stick edger to edge the driveway and landscape beds, some yards i can use the string trimmer to edge since i have that grove already, but i do it weekly. makes the clients property look good!

3. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

I always use the edger.

4. railman

railman LawnSite Member

use the edger for the driveway and sidewalks and use trimmer for the beds

5. hwew

hwew LawnSite Member

Stick edger.

Used a line trimmer first year until the next season. When you get good with a stick edger and you use it every week or every other week you can pretty much run with it while edging. But get one with a little extra power. The first one I used was an Echo PE200. It did a good job but It did not have enough power for my needs. I now have an Shindaiwa LE260 an I love it.

6. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

here we go again....

does noone use the search function? this exact topic was discussed in depth not more than 3 weeks ago...

7. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

I hear ya..

Anyways, I always use the blade stick edger, IMO it's faster and looks way better.

8. coolluv

coolluv LawnSite Gold Member
    from Atlanta

And 3 weeks before that, and 3 weeks before that, and 3 weeks before that, and 3 weeks before that................

Dave...

9. aahotard

aahotard LawnSite Member

I allways just use a trimmer for everything. driveway's, sidewalks, and bed's

10. P&C Lawn Care

P&C Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

With bermuda lawns we edge (with an edger) every time.