1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Edging

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by NYLAWNMAN01, Jun 21, 2007.

1. NYLAWNMAN01

NYLAWNMAN01 LawnSite Member

Do you guys edge at all your customers at every visit? How many times would you say to edge at a customers house?

2. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

I edge all of my customers every time that I come; that is how you build a good reputation and make your lawns look the best: consistent edging!:cool2: I'm a little confused by you second question, though.

3. NYLAWNMAN01

I meant if you dont edge at a customers house every visit how many times in the month then do you edge there once a month, every 2 weeks....sorry bout that

4. SSS 18734

SSS 18734 LawnSite Member

Every time. It looks awful if you leave it, especially if they have nice, thick turf. If it barely grows, it might not be too bad, but its still noticeable. I don't want my customers to think that I'm half-assing the job they pay me well to do.

5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

every visit..... I have one Customer, a single Parrent, she's having it rough.
    she ask me NOT too edge, and then reduce her price down 5.00..
    I " being the nice, handsome, and loveable guy that I am " do it anyway...

6. NYLAWNMAN01

Bohiia what a nice guy you are..hahaha...I was asking this because i read on here some guys dont edge every visit.....

7. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

Yea I kno,,, I think I read that post tooo.... to b honest I think it looks like crap with out edging....

8. howardsells2000

howardsells2000 LawnSite Senior Member

I edge every time I cut.

9. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

Using a Tanaka edger....every other week...When you edge every time, it tends to dry out the edge and not really cut the grass...skipping a week lets the grass grow over just enough to give it that fresh straight cut..........I feel bad for the guys doing it weekly...my edges look soo much nicer....and I get paid a lot more than they do

10. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

I should add...make sure you blow out the dirt so the crack is nice and dark..while blowing any debrismore than 1 foot in from the edge