edging

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by fastcat, Feb 11, 2008.

1. fastcat

fastcat LawnSite Senior Member

how do u guys charge for flower bed edging ( cutting out dirt with the bed cutter) and what do u charge. i would have to rent the machine.

2. fastcat

anyone........

3. fertguy2008

fertguy2008 LawnSite Member

I've heard anywhere from $1.75 to $4/ft

4. drtydeed

drtydeed LawnSite Member
    from Zone 6

i've been asking the very same question for about two weeks...not many replies. Only to come up with an hourlay rate (which I won't do for edging), and one reply at $0.50/linear foot. $0.50/foot doesn't sound too bad, but will take a few beds to pay off a bedshaper that I just purchased.

5. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Im looking int o Bed Edger, I plan to charge the same as aerating 60 $ for the first hour min, 50 $ each additional hour. Im thinking I can do the jobe in around 20 minutes.

just curious what kind of machine do you have and do you like it.

Any sales so far?

6. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

Down here if you don't just simply include it in your price, it will lose you the job. It is simply part of the work, not an ala carte item.

I cannot imagine leaving junk growing into the beds. It just would reflect terribly on the guy doing the work.

Different zones are so different in the way things are priced. Sorry I cannot help you any better, but I would just suggest that you make a set monthly rate for everything mow/edge/trim/blow and hedge trim and get to work making the yards pretty....

(Easier said than done though since I only have so many accounts as of yet, but spring is coming)

7. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

I think the feller is talkin about runnin one of those Turf Teq or Lil Wonder machines, not the blade on his weed wacker.

8. fastcat

lol............yea

9. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Same principle.

If you are establishing a new bed or cleaning an existing one, it should be included in the total price.

Internally, you need to establish what your linear foot cost of operating your equipment is, so you can calculate your bid.

10. drtydeed

drtydeed LawnSite Member
    from Zone 6

I understand that for new beds, buty if someone just wants re mulched and beds re-edged. That's the cost I'm looking for. Nothing is free (at least not anymore):)