edging

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by adamc6, Mar 25, 2003.

1. adamc6

adamc6 LawnSite Member

how do you charge for edging sidewalks? One of my clients wants me to do it this year and I have no idea how to charge. I have access to an edger so that's not a problem. Thanks for your help.

Adam

2. Mowing Freak

Mowing Freak LawnSite Senior Member
    from S.E. Ks

If you have a regular lawn service, you (I would think) already have an edger and I would charge the minimum for your service. If you have a trimmer, you can use that as an edger provided the grass isn't thick over where you want to edge.

3. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

One of your clients wants you to edge this year? You dont edge as a basic service, its an add-on? Edging is always included, just like trimming, in my maintenance. Not trimming and edging to me is like, washing a vehicle, and not cleaning the windows and tires,lol.

4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

This is included in my regular services. Some people do this as an extra or a separate service they offer. I would just price this by know what you need to make per hour to cover your expenses and make a profit.

Gravely_Man

5. bigdaddyspags

bigdaddyspags LawnSite Member

How many of you use your trimmer head to do edging? Is this a bad practice?

6. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Here we go again..........I wish you had not asked that question:rolleyes:

7. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Yep! Gonna be a long thread now,lol.:D :rolleyes:

8. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

If you do not do edging around here for basic service they will find someone who will.

9. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, Mowing, edging, trimming are a standard that I thought all customers expected. All the trim work makes the Lawn Shine.
    At times I'll use my trimmer to do the edging. Good Luck...

Lou :cool:

10. LawnMowerMan2003

LawnMowerMan2003 LawnSite Senior Member

I've always used my line trimmer to edge. I've never tried a blade edger, but if the edging is overgrown I have a feeling it would be a nice thing to have. Otherwise, would there be any advantage to use a blade edger? I'm curious about that too.