edginig question!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bell property mainentance, Apr 11, 2005.

1. bell property mainentance

bell property mainentance LawnSite Member

I had put in an estimate today for mowing job of about 11,300 sqft lawn. she wanted a package of mine ,that i havent worked all the bugs out of yet. Mow, trim ,blow, pull weeds out of beds, and to edge bed and concrete areas. I bid at $55 because of extra edging to do. My question is how does every one else figure for edging? From what i have read is that it is probably .40 per lineal foot; if that is the case i under bid by about $80 or $90 because this lady had a corner lot and a lot of edging to do ! Any help would be great fellas!

2. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

If it is just regular edging, that is part of the service of mowing grass. We edge, trim, cut and blow. Calculate your time and charge appropriately. If you are creating or redefining a bed edge, that is another ball game.

3. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

Also, with a stick edger you should be able to edge as fast as you can walk if you are maintaining the property.

4. mikestr

mikestr LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

Why is "redefining a bed edge, that is another ball game?" Is it not the same activity just add removing the soil on the "inside" part of that edge?