Edgit and Lawn Spiker??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by craigs lawncare, Oct 29, 2003.

1. craigs lawncare

craigs lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone tried either of these?

“Spiker” Lawn Aerator. www.7315.com

Or the “Edgit” trimmer guide www.edgit.com

Any feedback would be wonderful.
    Craig

:)

2. sprout

sprout LawnSite Member

:blob4: I had two Edgit's, wore both out. I liked'em, they are well made, I just wore'em out. I don't have one now. It took awhile but I taught myself to edge with just the trimmer. Oh yes, It does get heavy.

3. hortboy

hortboy LawnSite Member

A spiker can do harm / while doing good. Not sure about your soil type, but up here we've got clay and one of our concerns is soil compactiion. the spiker is not helping that situation at all, also an aerator helps rejuvenate the turf by allowing for more root expansion from existing turf, really no helping there either.

I'd go w/ the true core aerator, much more benifits and your customers will see the cores laying there , knowing you did the job.

4. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

5. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I tired an edgit one time. Seemed to work okay. I still prefer my walkbehind Kee edger but I use thr trimmer all year except for the first cut in spring. out ocmes the w/b.

MacLawn,
    That's absolutely disgusting. Yes fat people do need loving but not from me. That's a fact.

6. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

i used the edgit a few times.i like using my old crapsmen and mclane 3 wheel edgers better

Maclawn

let me know when you run for president.i can get you tons of fat voters.some may have to be dropped in the voting booth by crane but its a vote right

7. ducky1

ducky1 LawnSite Senior Member

I use the edgit and really like it. Well worth the investment. It does take some getting used to like anything else.

8. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Craig,

Here is a quote from this post.

For those who use Stick edgers.

"I have an Edgit and like it alot for edging beds, but I don't think it does as good as a stick edger on concrete. The Edgit does do a very nice job on concrete, but I feel the steel blade does it better. Just MHO.'

9. craigs lawncare

hortboy, yes you are correct that a spiker can compact the soil.:)
    I should have been More clear in my post, I was looking at the pull behind core aerator version. Your response was helpful. Anyone else have any info on this aerator or other pull behinds.
    Craig

10. craigs lawncare

Team Gopher, Ducky1, mike9497, sprout and lawnkid, thanks for the feedback on the edgit.
    When you guys used your edgits, was it easy to trim around trees and obstacles with the edgit mounted on your trimmer? Sprout, Overall I am concluding that you felt it was a well made device, is that correct?
    Craig:)