Edgit, is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eric 1, May 17, 2004.

1. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Any one have any experience with the edgit? How well does it work, will it establish new edges, or it it for after they are established. I mean for $120 more you get a brand new stick edger. So what do you think.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have wondered as well how good it really is

3. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Seems as though it would not get into the dirt much. Just fling stuff all over.

4. Cut 2 Please

Cut 2 Please LawnSite Member

I have one and swear by it. It is not real good for establishing new edges but once your edges are established it saves a lot of time if you are a solo operation. You do not have to waste time going back to the truck to put the edger up and get the trimmer out. On some edges the edgit seems to work better than a stick edger.

5. broken leg

broken leg LawnSite Senior Member

I have had two of them for three years. One is on fs85 still and the other on a red max. I all so have a stick edger and a walk behind edger. For speed and versatility I can not do with out the edgit. I can dress up an edge with it then any other thing made. i even had a string trimer on my z for a short period. Very very fast period end of discussion.

6. Outback Designz

Outback Designz LawnSite Member

I love mine. Saves time. Sold my stick edger. Never used it after I got the edgit.

7. hartlawnmain

hartlawnmain LawnSite Member

What the hell is an "Edgit"? Is there a link or do you have a pic?

8. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Training wheel for trimmer operators..
    True BUT I find the darn thing one of my better investments, it adds a bit of weight to the end of your trimmer but when you think about it you are rolling it along an edge most of the time so weight is a non issue. I also found that you are not blasted by as much debris as when it was not installed. Only down fall is that you cannot get into the really tight spots with the edgit installed but if you are that fussy you can reach down and break off the hand full of grass that you cant get with the trimmer. Does not work well establishing a fresh edge for that I use my Little Wonder X-Tra, after edges are established maintaining the crisp cut with an edgit is a snap.

BobR

9. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I love my edgit, but very rarely use it as an edger. The sad thing is pieces are breaking off of it everyday. About 1/3 is gone now after one season. :confused:

It is great for vacumeing up grass, especially when wacking larger areas. It gives a nice clean cut by sucking the grass up into it. It is also outstanding in tall heavy growth, the edgit keeps grass from winding around the head, thus making it so you do not have to pull out weeds rapped tight against the head.

It makes for a good guide to show where your line is as well, good for beginers.

I think it is a very good product, just wish it was not falling apart.

Jay

10. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member